Silence! The Musical
The unauthorized parody of The Silence of the Lambs
Music and Lyrics by Jon and Al Kaplan; Book by Hunter Bell
Directed by David M. Jenkins
Oct. 16 – Nov. 15, 2015
Thu. – Fri. 8pm | Sat. 4pm & 8pm | Sun. 4pm
Preview Performances: Oct. 14 – 15 | Wed. – Thr. 8pm | Tickets: $15
Jaeb Theatre, Straz Center for the Performing Arts
Creative Loafing Best of the Bay
BroadwayWorld Tampa Regional Award
With brilliant musical numbers like “Papa Shtarling,” “Quid Pro Quo,” and “Are You About a Size 14?” Silence! The Musical is a howlingly entertaining night at the theater. Originally premiering on the internet before moving Off-Broadway, Silence! went on to win awards and find itself in Top 10 lists of New York theater. This is the second time that Jobsite and the Straz will co-produce a musical in the Jaeb, offering this as a follow-up with the wildly successful, award-winning Return to the Forbidden Planet.
About The Writers
Jon Kaplan and Al Kaplan (Music and Lyrics) created SILENCE! The Musical, a stage version of The Silence of the Lambs that has played London, New York City, and Los Angeles, as well as the YouTube channel Legolambs, which features musical-izations of various Arnold Schwarzenegger movies such as Conan the Barbarian, Predator, and Commando. Jon and Al also co-wrote and scored the file Zombeavers (2014). They composed the music for G4’s cartoon series Code Monkeys, arranged Andy Samberg’s “Lonely Island Medley” for the MTV Movies Awards, and scored the Syfy Channel original films Piranhaconda and Dinocroc vs. Supergator.
Hunter Bell (Book) earned a Tony nomination for Best Book of a Musical, an OBIE Award, a Drama League nomination, and a GLAD Media nomination for the original Broadway musical [title of show]. Other credits include the book for SILENCE! The Musical (OBA Award for Best Musical, a Lucille Lortel nomination for Best Musical and Outstanding Musical NY Fringe Festival), Found (Atlantic Theater, Drama Desk nomination for Best Book), Now. Here. This. (Vineyard Theatre), Bellobration! (Ringling Bros. Circus), Villains Tonight! (Disney Cruise Lines), Julie Andrews’ The Great American Mousical (Goodspeed), and the upcoming Other World. He is a co-creator of the web series the [title of show] show and has developed television with ABC Studios and Cherry-Wind Productions. Hunter is a proud graduate and distinguished alumnus of Webster University’s Conservatory of Theatre Arts, a member of the Dramatists Guild, Writers Guild, and a MacDowell Fellow.
Shockheaded Peter creative team announced!
We’re excited to announce the cast and creative team for SHOCKHEADED PETER! The production draws together many of the same minds who previously dazzled Tampa
What’s Good? May 4 Edition
Hola, Jobsiteers! We hope that everyone is hanging in there and that folks are staying sane, safe and healthy. We also hope that you’re digging
Got your Jobsite gear?
Have you taken a look at our online store recently? We’ve got all kinds of fun stuff up for grabs! We still have a few
Who’s performing at the Jobsite Rocks! 20 variety show? Here’s a list!
With only a few weeks left until the Jobsite Rocks! 20th Birthday Bash, we wanted to give you a complete update of the acts performing
Jobsite20 thoughts: Halloween edition
This time 20 years ago, five of us were plotting our first move: a bill of two one-acts to take place at the Silver Meteor
Colleen Cherry and Jeremy Douglass cover Bowie for HIR
Superstar ensemble members Colleen Cherry (Coco + Homo co-founder and seen in our productions of The Threepenny Opera, LIZZIE, and SILENCE! The Musical) and Jeremy
- Silence! The Musical | A Periscope Sneak Peek – 813area.com
- Expect adult, irreverent fun from Jobsite’s ‘Silence of the Lambs’ parody – Tampa Bay Times
- Musical parody of ‘Silence of the Lambs’ opening at Straz Center – Tampa Tribune
- If ‘Silence of the Lambs’ can be a musical, so can these – Tampa Bay Times
Cast & Crew
- David M. Jenkins – Director
- Robert Jarosh – Music Director
- Matthew Ray – Stage Manager
- Colleen Cherry – Miggs / Dream Clarice / Lamb
- Amy Gray – Clarice Starling
- Caitlin Greene – Ardelia / Barney / Lamb
- Jonathan Harrison – Hannibal Lecter
- Heather Krueger – Catherine / Senator Martin / Lamb
- Spencer Meyers – Buffalo Bill
- Ryan Sturm – Dr. Chilton / Lamb
- Nick Hoop – Sgt. Pembry / Dream Hannibal / Lamb
- Jon VanMiddlesworth – Crawford / Papa Shtarling / Lamb
- Elwood Bond – Drums
- Robert Jarosh – Keys
- Tom Sivak – Keys II
- Alison Burns – Choreographer
- Jennifer Fuller – Wardrobe Crew
- Ryan E. Finzelber – Lighting Designer
- Carlos D. Garcia – Backstage Asst. Stage Manager/Properties
- Brittany Reuther – Costume Designer
- Brian Smallheer – Scenic Designer
Want to add a groovy graphic like this to your blog or website?
Jobsite provides a variety of cool banners that you can put on your website. AND they update automatically. So just drop it in once, and when we’re ready for our next show, we’ll update the graphic, and it’ll automatically update on your site too!