One of Jobsite’s core values is performing to the broadest possible audience, and that means ensuring that our work is accessible to fans of all ages, backgrounds, economic groups, and/or ability.
Since our founding, we have offered thousands of free tickets every year to middle and high school students, regional artists, community organizations, and charities. Since 1998 we have also offered greatly reduced cost tickets to students, military/veterans and their families, members of the performing arts community, and more.
As part of our continuing efforts to increase access and create a more inclusive community we are now opening our ticketing donation policy to individuals in the community thanks to the generosity of season passholders and donors who have created a bank of tickets per production to be distributed. If you are a passholder or donor who would like to contribute to this bank, please contact us!
We accept donation requests that meet the following guidelines:
- The person requesting the tickets must live in Hillsborough or an adjacent county.
- The request must include 1) the title of the production, 2) list a first, second, and third date preference, and 3) specify need for donated tickets.
- The name of the person picking up the tickets as it appears on official-issue ID must be included, as well as a phone number and mailing address. This is important since the Straz Box Office will not release tickets unless the name matches the ID.
- The request must be sent no later than 2 weeks out from the first performance date requested.
- Donated tickets carry no cash value and may not be resold.
- Tickets may not be exchanged for a different date once awarded.
- If awarded, you will be notified by email and the tickets will be available for pickup from will-call one hour before your performance.
- Jobsite staff may follow up with you to discuss your experience and seek additional information after the performance.
It is not possible for us to fulfill every request as our inventory is limited and productions often sell out far in advance. Submit requests as early as you can for the best odds at getting your first choice of date.
For regional charities & community organizations
The requesting organization must be housed in Hillsborough or an adjacent county.
The requesting organization must be a registered 501 (c)(3) or a community-serving organization with a 501 (c)(3) sponsor.
The donation request must be submitted on the organization’s letterhead and include the 501 (c)(3) tax identification number as well as a description, date and location of your event.
Requests must be submitted a minimum of one month before your event.
Please provide an address where the certificate may be mailed in the event your request is approved along with a contact name, phone number, and email address.
Submit your request as a PDF attachment.
Tickets may not be re-sold or exchanged for a different date once awarded.
Organizations awarded tickets agree to allow Jobsite Theater to use their name for informational and granting purposes. Jobsite may solicit additional information and/or testimonials from recipients.