Hands down, the very best way you can save money on Jobsite shows is with one of our season ticket packages.
Jobsite offers special ticket discounts for group ticket sales and for special members of the community (military, seniors, etc.)
Jobsite Theater does not offer advisories about subject matter, as sensitivities vary from person to person. If you have any questions about content, age-appropriateness or stage effects (such as strobe lights or theatrical fog) that might have a bearing on patron comfort, please contact us by email or phone at 813.476.7378.
Single ticket prices listed ($29.50) are base-line prices. Prices for individual performances will increase based on demand.
What It’s About
Written while in exile in 1941, Brecht’s Arturo Ui is a satirical allegory that recasts Hitler’s rise as a 1930’s Chicago gangster’s takeover of the Windy City’s green-grocery trade. Terror and bloodshed follow — can anyone stop him? Brecht’s skewering of Adolf Hitler and totalitarianism is given renewed significance in 2022 America and is presented here in an adaptation featuring eight performers — Brecht’s original featured over 35. Previous lauded NY revivals have featured the likes of Christopher Plummer, Al Pacino, and Raul Esparza.
This production was inspired by Producing Artistic Director David M. Jenkins’ recent visit to Brecht’s theatrical home, the Berliner Ensemble, where Arturo Ui is still one of their most popular productions. Jobsite previously produced a large-scale version of Brecht’s The Threepenny Opera in 2017.
Jobsite provides a variety of cool banners that you can put on your website. AND they update automatically. So just drop it in once, and when we’re ready for our next show, we’ll update the graphic, and it’ll automatically update on your site too!
- David M. Jenkins – Director
- Colleen Cherry – O’Casey/Betty Dullfleet
- Giles Davies – Giuseppe “The Florist” Givola
- Spencer Meyers – Ernesto Roma
- Andresia Moseley – Flake/Dockdaisy
- Derrick Phillips – Arturo Ui
- Blake Smallen – Clark
- Katrina Stevenson – Emanuele Giri
- Hugh Timoney – Ignatius Dullfleet/Dogsborough
* all other characters are performed by members of the ensemble
- Vivian E. Rodriguez – Production Stage Manager
- Teah Banks – Rehearsal Stage Manager
- Jo Averill-Snell – Lighting Designer
- David M. Jenkins – Scenic, Video, and Sound Designer
- Katrina Stevenson – Costume Designer