Creative Loafing Best of the Bay
An incessantly ringing cell phone in a quiet café. A stranger at the next table who has had enough. A dead man with a lot of loose ends. So begins Dead Man’s Cell Phone, a wildly imaginative new comedy by playwright Sarah Ruhl, recipient of a MacArthur “Genius” Grant and Pulitzer Prize finalist for her play The Clean House.
Dead Man’s Cell Phone is an odyssey of a woman forced to confront her own assumptions about morality, redemption and the need to connect in a technologically obsessed world.
Jean (Meg Heimstead, who stunned Bay area audiences last year in Rabbit Hole) is sleepwalking through her life until she answers a dead man’s (Steve Garland, 2007 Best of the Bay – Best Actor) cell phone.
- David M. Jenkins – Director
- Xylina Golding – Stage Manager
- Summer Bohnenkamp – Mystery Woman
- Elizabeth Fendrick – Mrs. Gottlieb
- Steve Garland – Gordon
- Meg Heimstead – Jean
- Michael C. McGreevy – Dwight
- Katrina Stevenson – Hermia
- Greg Newcomb – Graphic Designer
- Shawn Paonessa – Video Engineer
- Brian M. Smallheer – Scenic, Lighting & Video Designer
- Krystalle Voecks – Asst. Stage Manager
Jobsite provides a variety of cool banners that you can put on your website. AND they update automatically. So just drop it in once, and when we’re ready for our next show, we’ll update the graphic, and it’ll automatically update on your site too!