Creative Loafing Best of the Bay
Theatre Tampa Bay Nominated
An ancient family curse, a desolate moor, a spectral hound and a deranged killer on the loose! The Hound of the Baskervilles is the most celebrated Holmes story of all, a masterpiece of mystery and suspense. One after another, the male heirs of the Baskerville family are being knocked off. Sherlock Holmes, self-proclaimed “greatest detective of all time,” sends Dr. Watson to the countryside in order to prevent more bloodshed, and naturally mayhem (and, in this case wackiness!) of various kinds ensues.
In 2007, London’s Peepolykus theater company broke box office records at West Yorkshire Playhouse (also the birthplace of The 39 Steps) with this ingenious adaptation, completely selling out its entire five week run. After touring to Oxford Playhouse, Winchester Theatre Royal, and Liverpool Everyman the show transferred to the West End for a season at The Duchess Theatre, and then finally New York.
A look back at just a few of Jobsite’s accomplishments in 2013, and a look forward.
- Katrina Stevenson – Director
- Matthew Ray – Stage Manager
- Giles Davies – Sherlock Holmes, et. al.
- David M. Jenkins – Doctor Watson, et. al.
- Shawn Paonessa – Sir Henry Baskerville, et. al.
- Naomy Ambroise – Assistant Stage Manager
- Nick Hoop – Assistant Stage Manager
- Brian M. Smallheer – Scenic/Lighting Designer
- Dave Steinweg – Sound Designer
- Katrina Stevenson – Costume Designer
Jobsite provides a variety of cool banners that you can put on your website. AND they update automatically. So just drop it in once, and when we’re ready for our next show, we’ll update the graphic, and it’ll automatically update on your site too!