Due to the ongoing health crisis, all auditions/callbacks for the 2020-21 season are paused until further notice.
All roles in all shows with the exception of SHOCKHEADED PETER, which is in the process of being cast from within our current ensemble, are available.
We’re launching an on-demand series this fall that will be paid work for regional performing artists of all disciplines. We encourage anyone interested to submit a proposal.
Jobsite will accept virtual audition materials until such time that we are able to schedule callbacks.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older and have a residence within reasonable range of the Tampa Bay region. Jobsite, resident theater company of the Straz Center, is a 22-year-old professional theater company working under AEA special appearance contracts when hiring union actors. We do *not* offer any form of travel, housing, or per diem. All company members are paid and earn profit-share. Wages last season ranged from $200 to $450 a week for a maximum of 20 rehearsal hours or typically 4 performances.
Jobsite is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversifying our ensemble in every regard so that we better reflect our rich community. We actively look for the ways to be as inclusive as possible in our casting.
Auditions must conform to the following:
- Write firstname.lastname@example.org with a statement of interest including a link to the video audition, attaching a *single PDF file* of a current headshot and resume.
- Please ensure that the filename contains the name of the applicant, eg “Jane-Doe-resume.pdf” or “AmiriBaraka-actor.pdf.”
- Please do not attach separate headshot and resume files. JPGs, PNGs, Pages or Word files, etc will not be accepted nor will files not marked clearly with the applicant’s name.
- The link to the video audition should point to an unlisted/private YouTube or Vimeo URL.
- The audition may be a single monologue no longer than 2 minutes, or 2 contrasting monologues no more than 3 minutes.
- Please do not include a song in lieu of a monologue. We are not casting a musical from the general public.
- If you are interested in being considered for Henry V, one of the monologues must be from Shakespeare (including sonnets).
- Please, do not send links to Dropbox, iCloud, Google Drive, etc or directly attach video files to the email.
- Audition submissions that do not conform to the above guidelines will not be reviewed.
Jobsite is casting Liza Birkenmeier’s Dr. Ride’s American Beach House, Jeffrey Hatcher’s Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde, Shakespeare’s Henry V, Anthony Burgess’ A Clockwork Orange, and Robert Askins’ Hand to God. Learn more about the plays here.
Submitting materials does not guarantee a callback. Due to the current crisis, callbacks may be scheduled in virtual (as opposed to physical) space.
Now, to what likely most are thinking: are we really really hiring, and how do we expect to know when we can re-open? The answer to the first is ‘yes,’ and ‘we don’t’ to the second. We’re being honest, but this is what we know for sure:
- We’re following the guidelines/guidance of local, state, and federal authorities/health agencies as well as ‘best practices’ devised by the industry and our partners at the Straz Center.
- We are on hold with our production of DOUBT, currently sitting in the theater waiting for the right time to re-open. DOUBT is our top priority when we can re-open the theater so that we can attempt to recuperate those significant losses.
- We are monitoring trends and developments daily and have a plan for how to proceed forward on any given day 8-10 weeks out.
- Any production planned for 2020/21 that is unable to move ahead due to the closures will be moved instead to the 2021/22 season during the corresponding month (Dr. Ride’s American Beach House is now scheduled for Sep. of 2021).
So, yes, we’re hiring. The timelines, however, are far less clear.
We are not currently hiring designers, stage managers, or backstage help as we intend to honor the commitment to our outstanding current team.
Questions? Drop them in a comment.