The health and safety of our guests, artists, and staff is our top priority. Our re-opening process has been slow, methodical, and done while closely working with our partners at the Straz as well as medical and scientific experts.
The Straz Center has received a seal of approval from Tampa General Hospital’s consulting service, TGH Prevention Response Outreach (TPRO), for our campus-wide reopening protocols. This partnership with TPRO will help to keep everyone safe and healthy during your visit!
Jobsite has also been recognized by the City of Tampa as a Safe & Sound venue, a program for businesses committed to operating safely by following CDC guidelines during this time.
Straz Center health and safety policies are publicly posted and must be observed by all guests. The current plan is to open the 2021-22 season at full capacity, but the following efforts remain unchanged. Please watch this space for any updates.
- At this time, due to the rise in COVID-19 cases, in particular the Delta variant, masks are required indoors for vaccinated and unvaccinated guests and staff. Jobsite and the Straz Center are continuously monitoring local and national health conditions and will continue to follow the science as it relates to our health and safety policies. Learn more about the Straz health and safety protocols.
- To better protect everyone we have moved from the smaller Shimberg Playhouse into the much larger Jaeb Theater through Feb. of 2022, a space that makes it easier to do our absolute best for everyone — guests, artists, and staff.
- The theater is thoroughly sanitized before and after every performance.
- HVAC enhancements include all-new filtration with the installation of recommended MERV-13 filters, bipolar ionization, renovation of outside air dampers and the implementation of humidity and CO2 sensors.
- Food and drink is only permitted outside the theater so that masks can be worn for the duration of the performance.
- Paperless ticketing and programs are available in the Straz Center’s free app, and we prefer cashless transactions on site.
- Complimentary hand sanitizer is available throughout the Straz campus.
- Touch-free fixtures in all restrooms.
- Jobsite only contracts fully-vaccinated workers who are beyond their 14-day post-vaccination window for both on and off-stage positions.
Health professionals from the Cleveland Clinic, Tampa General Hospital, and the Rodham Institute at George Washington University assisted in the developing the “living handbook” guiding our efforts. Other resources include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, OSHA, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, and the World Health Organization.
We sincerely appreciate everyone who has written in to tell us how much they appreciate the rigor we maintain with our practices and how safe they feel in our space. We’ve worked hard and fully understand the stakes. This email was particularly meaningful:
I’m a doctor on the covid unit at Tampa General so I’ve seen the worst of what this virus can do and have been very selective about what events I attend. Jobsite has done a phenomenal job with safety protocols. My husband and I sat in the mezzanine and we were at least 10 feet from the nearest guests and staff. Of the handful of events I’ve attended Jobsite has done the best job enforcing physical distancing and mask wearing.You are welcome to use my comments as testimonial, you’re really doing an excellent job. – Jennifer Caputo-Seidler
Thank you for acting as our partners by following all protocols during your visit and by continuing to heed scientific and medical experts in the pursuit of your daily lives.
We’re in this together.