The health and safety of our guests, artists, and staff is our top priority. Our re-opening process has been slow, methodical, and done while closely working with our partners at the Straz as well as medical and scientific experts.
The Straz Center has received a seal of approval from Tampa General Hospital’s consulting service, TGH Prevention Response Outreach (TPRO), for our campus-wide reopening protocols. This partnership with TPRO will help to keep everyone safe and healthy during your visit!
Jobsite has also been recognized by the City of Tampa as a Safe & Sound venue, a program for businesses committed to operating safely by following CDC guidelines during this time.
Current health and safety policies will remain intact until further notice, regardless of any relaxation of recommendations from the city, county, or state. In addition to physical distancing and seating rules our precautions include mandatory face coverings at all times while inside. Other efforts include:
- To better protect everyone we have moved from the smaller Shimberg Playhouse into the much larger Jaeb Theater, a space that makes it easier to do our absolute best for everyone — guests, artists, and staff.
- Capacity of the theater has been reduced to 30%, and all additional seating has been removed from the theater.
- The theater is fully sanitized both before and after every performance.
- Increased air purification measures include HVAC upgrades and additional air purification units in the lobby and backstage spaces.
- Tables are 11 feet apart — so even if you move your chair out, you’ll still be 6 feet away from your neighbor.
- Performers will be at least 8 feet away from the front row of seats.
- Temperature and health screenings are mandatory for all guests, performers and employees.
- Food and drink will only be available outside the theater so that masks can be worn for the duration of the performance.
- Paperless ticketing and programs are available in the Straz Center’s free app, and we prefer cashless transactions on site.
- Complimentary hand sanitizer is available throughout the Straz campus and on each table inside the theater.
- As of SHOCKHEADED PETER, Jobsite is only contracting full vaccinated workers who are beyond their 14-day post-vaccination window.
Health professionals from the Cleveland Clinic, Tampa General Hospital, and the Rodham Institute at George Washington University assisted in the developing the “living handbook” guiding our efforts. Other resources include the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, OSHA, Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center, and the World Health Organization.
We sincerely appreciate everyone who has written in to tell us how much they appreciate the rigor we maintain with our practices and how safe they feel in our space. We’ve worked hard and fully understand the stakes. This email was particularly meaningful:
I’m a doctor on the covid unit at Tampa General so I’ve seen the worst of what this virus can do and have been very selective about what events I attend. Jobsite has done a phenomenal job with safety protocols. My husband and I sat in the mezzanine and we were at least 10 feet from the nearest guests and staff. Of the handful of events I’ve attended Jobsite has done the best job enforcing physical distancing and mask wearing.You are welcome to use my comments as testimonial, you’re really doing an excellent job. – Jennifer Caputo-Seidler
We’re thrilled to return to mainstage work and we hope that you’re excited, too. If you would like us to remain open it is imperative that you be our partners in this by following all protocols during your visit and by continuing to heed scientific and medical experts in the pursuit of your daily lives.
We’re in this together.