2014 BroadwayWorld Tampa Regional Award
Creative Loafing Best of the Bay
Theatre Tampa Bay Nominated
Patrick Stone (Steve Fisher, in his Jobsite debut), a contemporary painter, is hired to forge this final masterpiece—and finds himself squaring off across the years with van Gogh himself (Jordan Foote, a recent transplant, in his Tampa Bay debut). The result is a compelling and poetic mystery about madness, the obsession to create, and the fine line that separates truth from myth.The other three actors in the play appear in both the past and present under different guises: Ned Averill-Snell as Rene Bouchard and artist Paul Gauguin, Nicole Jeannine Smith as Hailee and Marguerite, and Greg Thompson as Dr. Miller and Dr. Gachet.
This stunning play takes place in two parallel universes: Stone’s modern-day studio and 19th century France, where van Gogh is nearing the end of his life. Sometimes the universes merge, putting Stone directly into conversation with van Gogh himself in Stone’s studio or in drawing Stone into van Gogh’s life in the past. This play is a lyrical, gorgeous meditation on some of humanity’s inner struggles – whether you are an artist yourself or not – that shouldn’t be missed.
- Karla Hartley – Director
- Mariana Rocha – Production Stage Manager
- Ned Averill-Snell – Bouchard / Gauguin
- Steve Fisher – Patrick Stone
- Jordan Foote – Vincent Van Gogh
- Nicole Jeannine Smith – Haley / Marguerite
- Greg Thompson – Dr. Miller / Gachet
- Bailee Booser – Costume Designer
- Kaylin Gess – Lighting Designer
- Karla Hartley – Lighting, Sound & Video Designer
- Paul Poppe – Assistant Stage Manager
- Matthew Ray – Rehearsal Stage Manager
- Brian Smallheer – Scenic Designer
Jobsite provides a variety of cool banners that you can put on your website. AND they update automatically. So just drop it in once, and when we’re ready for our next show, we’ll update the graphic, and it’ll automatically update on your site too!