Have you ever wondered what a stage manager does or, do you have specific backstage questions about a past Jobsite show? You’re in luck, you can now ask Vivian Rodriquez!
Vivian has been a member of the Jobsite ensemble since 2015 and has stage managed hits like The Maids and Time Stands Still. Not only an adept stage manager, Vivian is a skilled craftsperson who has also made custom props (she specializes in making fake food, ask her about it!) and has even performed as a belly dancer at our Jobsite Rocks! 20 event. Here she is with more on her upcoming Q&A video:
Remember, all questions must be asked by May 15 to be considered for the Q&A video! You may drop a comment here on this blog post, or email Vivian directly.
In addition to the ideas above, you may be interested in knowing things like:
- What made you want to go in to stage management?
- What is the hardest/best/most fun/rewarding part about stage managing?
- What was your most/least favorite show to run and why?
- What is the most important lesson you’ve learned about being an SM over the years?
- Do you have secrets on how to manage conflicts between actors or members of the production team?
- How do you handle keeping everyone on deadline?
- Every SM works different, how do you organize your prompt book?
- Is it hard to not try to change or influence the director’s vision when you think it is going in the wrong direction?
- What are the top 3 things every aspiring SM needs to know?
- Do you have any quirky characteristics that you think help you as an SM?
Again, if you are interested in hearing answers to any of these questions or those of your own choosing please make sure to submit them in a comment or by emailing Vivian. We will not include any of the above unless specifically asked by YOU!