Created for the stage by Julian Crouch and Phelim McDermott
Original music by The Tiger Lillies
Based on Struwwelpeter by Heinrich Hoffmann
Directed by David M. Jenkins
A little bit Edward Gorey, a little bit Nightmare Before Christmas, Shockheaded Peter is the phantasmagorical musical staging of Heinrich Hoffman’s dark, mildly-terrifying 19th-century German children’s book Struwwelpeter. The show illuminates graphic cautionary tales about a cast of disobedient children like Young Harriett and her pyrotechnic tendencies, little Conrad and his insatiable thumb-sucking and a handful of other misbehaving youngsters who come to untimely and hilariously horrific ends. This production will be of a special, devilishly dark delight to fans of Jobsite’s much-beloved production of Gorey Stories.
Read more about Shockheaded Peter.
- A single seat in the balcony: $44.50
- A pod (seating up to two) in the mezzanine: $84.50
- A table (seating up to four) in the orchestra or center mezzanine: $99.50
- A single in the balcony: $19.50
- A pod (seating up to two) in the mezzanine: $35.50
- A table (seating up to four) in the orchestra or center mezzanine: $69.50