Jobsite Theater offers internships year-round for students at all levels. Jobsite has worked with UF, USF, UCF, HCC, The Patel Conservatory and several local high schools to help student interns earn credit while working in scenic and lighting programs, assistant stage management, assistant directing and arts administration support.
Former interns have had the opportunity with us to:
- perform on stage or serve as an understudy;
- build sets and work on lights;
- serve as scene painter;
- act as an assistant stage manager;
- help with marketing and public relations campaigns;
- assist the Artistic Director and have exposure to how a small professional theater company manages day to day operations;
- assist in the retention and acquisition of season ticket holders; and
- work on fundraising efforts such as the company's annual campaign.
Some interns have moved on to paid work with us after completion of their program. Our first intern, Katrina Stevenson, now serves as our Costume Designer in residence as well as on our Artistic Associates.
Internships are generally 16 weeks in length, but Jobsite will consider an eight-week program for those not seeking graded credit for their work. It is not necessary to be affiliated with an educational program to be considered for an internship.
Because we generally only take a select few interns at any given time, interns get a lot of individual face time with our artists in a very personalized setting.
To apply for consideration, we recommend that you at least three months prior to when you would like to start with a statement of purpose and a current theatrical resume.